Here Black Africa meets the Middle East, and the jungle mountains hide unusual rock-cut churches and stunning volcanic landscapes.
- Walk into the 13th-century vertical rock-cut temples of Lalibela
- Admire the cosmic green and yellow landscapes of the Danakil Basin, one of the hottest spots on earth
- Peep into the mouth of the active Ertale volcano to see boiling lava
- Watch Afar men evaporate salt from salt lakes
- Enjoy coffee with the locals in Addis Ababa, who have turned this drink into a cult. By the way, Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee.